Education - Further education
Dr. Achilleas Chantes is Plastic and Reconstructive Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon the llast 12 years. He is a graduated of the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki on 1999, where he was admitted with nationwide examinations. He has Doctor of Medicine (PhD) from the School of Medicine of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and had completed his research on the effect of autologous growth factors on skin and soft tissues.
He has been trained in Plastic Surgery both in Greece (Plastic Surgery Clinic AUTH at Papageorgiou Hospital) as well as in foreign countries such as Great Britain, Germany and South Korea. More specifically he had his plastic surgery training:
1. At Queen Victoria Hospital in the greater London area.
2. The most renowned plastic surgery unit in Europe at the Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit at the Royal Infirmary Hospital in Glasgow. Canniesburn has been honored with a Nobel Prize in Medicine.
3. In the Plastic Surgery Clinic at the Essen Catholic Hospital in West Germany.
4. At the Seoul University Hospital of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Bundang.
South Korea is considered one of the top countries in the world in plastic surgery and is the "Mecca of Aesthetic Surgery", especially in the rich countries of the Far East, as well as the country with the highest PP10K (interventions per 10,000 population) of 74, when in Brazil and the US 55 and 42 respectively. Achilles Chantes is an active member of:
Hellenic Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
European Society for Laser Aesthetic Surgery
It deals with the whole range of Plastic Surgery:
Burn and rehabilitation
Reconstruction after accidents
Reconstruction after oncological operations
Oncology of the skin
1. «The 'reading man flap' for pressure sore reconstruction. » Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, September-December 2011, Volume 44, Issue 3
2. «Use of Surgical Sponge with Running Sutures for Securing Full-Thickness Skin Grafts. » International Scholarly Research Network, ISRN Dermatology, Volume 2011, Article ID 470921
3. «Τhe wash-out technique in the management of delayed presentations of extravasation injuries. » Journal of Hand Surgery, European Volume 2011 Jan; 36(1):66-9.
4. «Surgical Management of Subcutaneous Hyaline Deposits in the Head Region. » Annals of Plastic Surgery, Volume 62(6), p. E52, Book of Abstracts, June 2009
5. «The wash-out technique in the management of extravasation injuries of the upper limb. » Journal Of Hand Surgery, European Volume, Volume 32, Supplement 1, June 2007, page 27
6. «The use of pedicle island axial flaps for covering soft tissue defects in diabetic feet. » Scientific Annals of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, June 2006.
1. "The Contribution of the Negative Pressure Applying System (VAC) to the Treatment of Wounds and Chronic Deficits." Summary Book of the 24th North-Hellenic Conference of the Thessaloniki Medical Society, p. 35, 2009
2. "Mammary gland remodeling by the technique of the total posterior pedicle: Indications and Results." Summary Book of the 24th Northland Congress of the Thessaloniki Medical Society, p. 84, 2009
He participated in the writing of a university paper entitled "Basic Principles of Plastic Surgery", Rotonda Publications, 2012) and in the creation of a Video Course "Surgical Techniques of Stapling and Injury Treatment" with ISBN 978-960-93 2393 AUTH and has presented a significant number of papers at medical conferences and participated in a large number of medical seminars and conferences.
1. "Basic Principles of Plastic Surgery", Demiri E., Rotonda Publications, 2012
2. Video Course "Surgical Staple and Injury Techniques" with ISBN 978-960-931223-3
1. Award from the organizing committee of the 24th North Hellenic Medical Congress and the Medical Society of Thessaloniki for its participation in the work of Mr. Dionysiou entitled "The Effectiveness of Platelet Concentration Application by the Intra-traumatic Injury and Chronic Healing Injury: Clinical Study. "
1. Glow Magazine, May 2011 Interview with Fani Mylona on "Liposuction ... 5 in 1". (p. 116)
2. Sunday Vitality Magazine of "Sunday Messenger", March 2011 Column F.A.Q. with answer to the question "Short eyelashes, black circles, tired look. What does plastic surgery offer to these problems? "
3.. Sunday Vitality Magazine of Sunday Messenger, January 2011 Column F.A.Q. with the answer to the question "How can I erase pregnancy signs and what is the new fashion of mommy makeover?"
4. Glow Magazine, January 2011 Interview with Fani Mylona on "The New Lifting" (p. 114)
5. Magazine "Kerdos" Scientific article on liposuction and fat transplantation.